Fundraising For The Local Community
Now into the 19th year, Helstonbury is very proud to have raised well over £85,000 for local causes. All this is down to all the bands and artists who give up their time for free and to all the ladies and gentlemen of Helstonbury who have kindly parted with their hard earned cash in the name of charity… Long may this continue… SYOTDF
The Helstonbury festival is a fund raising event where proceeds are donated to the local community of Helston. We support as many, wide ranging initiatives as possible, donating to projects that address the needs of individuals and groups alike. We have been raising funds for the local community since 2001. Now in our 18th year, we are proud to report that 2017 was our most successful event ever, having raised £13,375. The ongoing success of Helstonbury is solely thanks to the tremendous support from the local community, as well as the hard work of volunteer’s and performers alike, which make it possible.
Applications for revenue funding can be made by emailing Paul Turton on firstname.lastname@example.org. We discuss all requests and assess needs to determine if a request is viable. We are always delighted to hear from members of the local community who are encouraged to contact us and make requests or recommendations for donations.
We are very proud that Helstonbury donations over previous years have helped many valid causes within the Helston community. These are just some of the individuals and groups we have helped to date.
• Elizabeth Gwilliam, electric Wheel Chair
• Amy Plant, prosthetic limb
• Epworth Hall: White PVC Cyclorama, complete stage and lighting system.
• Helston Community Centre – refurbishment to music room
• Joshua Jones
• St Johns Hospice
• Helston Town Band
• Helston Bowling Club
• Helston Flora Day Association
• Helston Town Carnival
• Helston RFC – under 15’s training tops
• Tyler Lambert – County Cricket Board Tour
• J Harvey – Therapy Equipment
• Lily Veal – Customised Wheelchair
• Riley Williams – Cancer fund
• Toby Grout – Young Musician – Guitar pick ups and EQ pedal.
• Holly Turton young musician – CD recording
• Tayla Beale – young musician – Guitar
• Louis Williams – young musician – Guitar
• Cornwall Air Ambulance
• Jonathan Honey – Cornwall Youth football tournament in Holland
• Swallows of Helston – Gymnasium equipment
• Helston RFC U18 Girls – Match rugby tops
• The Culdroses Military Wives Choir – performance dresses
• Coose Trannack Cross Country – equipment
• Culdrose youth boys provision of football tops
• Continued provision of a wide range of musical instruments in support of young musicians in Helston
• Culdrose Youth Football Club Provision of football tops for boys and girls football team. Under 11 Herons and Merlins.
• £500 to Cornwall Care
• Helston Memory Community Cafe
• St Michael’s C of E School. Provision of playground equipment.
• Friends of Trannack School, provision of medals, race numbers and programme in support of the Coose Trannack races.
• Old Bakery in Truro provision of amplifiers to support local music and musicians.
2018 And Beyond
“2018 promises to be a landmark year for Helstonbury, with donations already planned for a number of local causes. Al, Simon and myself remain committed to our continued support for our community. Updates of our progress will be posted here on our website. We are already discussing our plans for this and next years’ Helstonbury event – how we can make it even better; building on the successes so far. It is only possible with the backing and loyalty of our volunteers, performing artists and above all, the public who attend and support the event. To all we offer our sincerest thanks.”
Paul Turton, Helstonbury organiser